Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Melting Rainbows!

Here is what Grace did with the colorful ice cubes she made on Monday ~ Grace made melting rainbows! It was a warm morning so we spread a blanket outside and gathered our materials for this fun science project. Grace first poured canola oil into two glass jars. Next, Grace dropped the different colored ice cubes into the glass jars she filled with oil.
Grace, Jack, & I had fun watching the colorful ice cubes float in the oil. We all waited patiently to see what the ice would do as it melted....
...MELTING RAINBOWS!
This science activity kept us learning and guessing all morning long! We can't wait to do it again very soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Physics Class all ready!
I had to really stop and think about this one! I have been guessing all week about those colored ice cubes and never even came close to what you did today. I knew that the day would come real soon when Grace and Jack knew more than I do...oh, no, it's here!!
I love those melting rainbows, they are so pretty. That expression on Grace's face is so priceless. She is remarkable, that's for sure!
Tell Jack and Grace that I'll have to get the Science Books out and brush up before we visit next :)
Love, Maddy

PS ~ ....still thinking about those rainbows.

The Ousdahls said...

What a great activity. I must admit that after seeing your pictures, we want to make our own Melting Rainbows!!

Rebecca, you are such a great person.

--Melissa

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?