Monday, March 9, 2009

Higgins Beach

We were so excited to spend a warm Sunday afternoon at Higgins Beach! This was Jack's first time at a beach and he took in all of the unforgettable sights, smells, sounds, and texutues that a Maine beach has to offer! Grace, as always, loved every moment we spent at Higgins. Bob commented to me later that yesterday was the happiest he had ever seen Grace. She was giggling, dancing, twirling, playing with dogs, introducing herself to everyone at the beach, running, splashing in the water, feeling the sand, and wanting to go into the ocean (!). What a treat it was for all of us to be together at the beach in March.

See that little person in the background to the left of Bob's shoulder -- that's Grace. We think Grace must have covered every square inch of Higgins Beach!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What phenomenal pictures!

I have such "Spring Fever" after seeing these. I am just like Jack, I feel as though it is always my very first time each time I go to the beach. I can almost smell that marvelous smell from here!

Grace looks so grown up this month! I am thrilled that she was able to run free and laugh and dance and let go in March. We enjoy winter but it is way tooooo long right about now. I am beside myself with joy that the kiddos will have more and more outdoor time as the days go on. A whole new world for Jack to discover and for Grace to remember.

Did you tell Grace & Jack that you were married right up the road?

Love to All and Spring in all it's GLORY,
Maddy

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?