Monday, March 31, 2008
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Friday, March 28, 2008
(2) We can't see the ground.
(3) We didn't hear the birds singing. Grace looked up today because she heard snow falling from the trees!
Oh, and did you notice that the BIG mittens are back! Grace had a great time playing in the freshly fallen snow today and Mommy did too but Mommy really can't wait to see some green grass!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Friday, March 21, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
A very big thank you to Sarah MacKenzie who found this beautiful dress for Grace all the way in India! Sarah is currently a student at Colgate University. She spent a semester abroad in India last semester and was so sweet to think of Grace while she was there.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Monday, March 17, 2008
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Monday, March 3, 2008
"You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child."
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Grace turned fifteen months old today and she was so full of fun all day! Here are a few of Grace's accomplishments over the past month:
- Identifies 20 letters, names 18 letters, & says 12 letter sounds when she sees the letters
- Identifies and reads the following words in print: Grace, mama, bus, goodnight, moon
- When counting to 10, Grace can fill in the numbers 2, 3, 8, and 10
- Identifies and has word approximations for the following shapes: circle, square, triangle, rectangle, pentagon, octagon, rhombus
- Identifies the following colors: red, orange, green, blue, pink, and occasionally yellow & purple and uses the signs for green, red, orange, blue
- Asks for help by signing and saying "hep"
- Builds block towers using 7 blocks
- Kicks a ball (definitely has Daddy's soccer skills!)
- Self-feeding with a fork and spoon
- An increased interest in drawing & painting - beginning imitation of vertical lines and circles
- A significant increase in expressive language skills. Grace is learning so many new words and signs every day!
- Favorite things: books, letters, shapes, jumping, dancing, singing, music, climing up & down her slide, watching the woodpecker eating from our bird feeder, lotions, shoes, hats, apples, eggs, helping Mommy in the kitchen, drawing & painting, Ella (pink elephant), stacking stars, & bath time.
"Today is gone. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one. Every day, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!" ~Dr. Seuss
(Happy 101st birthday to Dr. Seuss today!).