Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

We made these Cat In the Hat hats to honor one of the greatest children's authors of all time ~ Dr. Seuss! Today is the 105th anniversary of the birth of Dr. Seuss. To make these hats, each member of our family painted a white sheet of paper and a paper plate with red paint. We cut out strips of white paper and glued them onto our red sheets to make the stripes on the hat. Next, I cut out a circle in the center of each paper plate and rolled the red striped paper into a tube so that it fit inside the plate. We completed our hats by gluing red circles on top!
Grace loves to paint and she loves the Cat In The Hat too so this was the perfect project for her! Grace wore her red striped hat so she could be just like the Cat In The Hat. Jack-a-roo loves to paint too! He is getting to be quite the little artist! Bob and I painted our paper together....it was hard to tell who had the most fun with this project. I am such a huge fan of Dr. Seuss and am thrilled that Grace and Jack love his books too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness gosh, these hats are purrfect for Dr. Seuss's Birthday!
I love Dr. Seuss, also. He was born in Springfield, Mass. just like me! I remember reading the "Cat in the Hat" as a young child over and over. I have always found it fascinating that "Green Eggs and Ham" has only 50 different words in it!
Jack goes to sleep with some of Dr. Seuss's famous pictures on his wall. And, Grace has such a collection of his books.
Maybe, Mommy will make green eggs for lunch today! Enjoy the day and all thing Dr. Seuss everyday and forever! I love your hats.
Love to My Little Dr. Seuss Fans,
Maddy

PS~There is a "flying" snowstorm today. I'm sure Dr. Seuss would have loved to write a story about that! Hold on to your hats!

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?