Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Building A Bird's Nest!

Grace has been working hard since Friday to make a bird's nest! Grace first cut brown yarn into many short strips. Grace dipped each strip into glue and placed them onto an inflated balloon. Each day Grace added more and more yarn layers to the balloon to build her nest. After days of waiting ever so patiently for the finished nest, Grace was finally able to pop the balloon with her scissors. This was, by far, Grace's favorite part! Grace loves to cut with scissors and she was super excited to use her scissors to pop a balloon!Grace built a beautiful nest for her red cardinal bird. Grace is very proud of her nest and she was most excited to show it to Jack after he woke up from his morning nap today. Jack gave Grace a big smile upon seeing the nest and upon hearing the red bird happily sing.
Tweet, tweet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I love, love, love the nest. And...the way Grace uses those scissors...just perfect. I cannot believe that she is only 27 months old! I think that your nest is fantastic. Just the perfect craft for Spring. I am really into birds right now. Have you heard them singing in the mornings in Limerick yet? I have in Middlebury.
How nice and sweet Grace is to always want to share things with Jack. Again, I just love the nest so much!
Have a bird-sing-y
sun-zing-y
Wednesday.
Love to my Little Birdies,
Maddy

PS~I am in need of some cutting assistance with Ella and the Monkey. The way Grace uses her scissors--now, that is just what I'm looking for!

Anonymous said...

Grace, your nest is perfect for any bird, but I love the one you put in it. He is so bright and cheery, just what everyone needs.
Do you see some of these in your yard? Have you seen any other kinds of birds?
Some catbirds have built a nest by our front door. I wonder if we'll see some baby birds. I'll let you know, and you can let me know what you see.
Love you, XOXOXO,
Memere

Rebecca, that was a great idea and so appropriate for the season.
You have such a variety of projects and activities for Grace.
It's amazing!

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?