- 2/3 cup of plain cow kefir
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup of 100% juice
- 1 cup of frozen fruit. Frozen blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, mango, or peaches are good ones to try. Today Grace did a combination of frozen peaches, cherries, and strawberries.
- 1 frozen smoothie packet of unsweetened Acai berries (found in organic grocery stores or at your local co-op). Acai berries are delicious and are so good for you! Acai berries are considered a new super food.
- 1 tablespoon of healthy oil. Grace used a flax/sunflower blend - a great source of omega-3s!
- 1 heaping spoonful of almond butter
- 1-1/2 cups of a leafy green vegetable (e.g., baby spinach, red or green kale, red or rainbow chard)
- 1 or 2 bananas
Blend all of the above ingredients until smooth. We frequently double or even triple the recipe so we have enough smoothie to last us for a few days. YUMMY (it really is)!