Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"Humpty Dumpty" by Grace

While Bob & I were at the hospital having Jack, Grace & Maddy made a Humpty Dumpty book together. I was a little shocked today when Grace sat next to Jack & I on the couch and read her collection of booklets and stories to us. Grace began with her Humpty Dumpty sequence booklet and then read us her booklet about horses. Next, Grace spun the wheel and told us all about the "Ovals in my world." Grace then read the booklet that contains words that begin with the short vowel "e." But, by far, my favorite are the two booklets that Grace so perfectly says, "Egg facts." One booklet lists animals that lay eggs and the other one is about small and large eggs. When Grace told me that she was going to tell me facts about eggs I was so amazed and surprised that my tummy hurt from trying to hold in my amazement. Maddy & Grace have been doing such wonderful projects together every day. I'll be sure to share more of their projects in later posts.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

before you know it, sweet grace will be writing and publishing her own books ;-)

maddy, you have the best most creative ideas ever (along with rebecca).

hugs and love from snowy vermont,
elsie

Anonymous said...

Amazing Grace!!! You and Maddy are having such fun!
Enjoy... Stay warm...
Lots of love from Vermont,
Donna

Anonymous said...

A prolific writer in the family and sooo young! What a joy to hear Grace read her own stories!
And her grandmother is her creative assistant, editor, and publisher! How lucky are you, Grace!
XOXOXO,
Memere and Pepere

Anonymous said...

i agree your idea ! very nice blog

Anonymous said...

Good article, good things, good feelings, good BLOG!

Anonymous said...

Very rich and interesting articles, good BLOG!
fishing net

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?