Friday, December 26, 2008

Goodbye Maddy & Poppy

We were all so very sad to see Maddy & Poppy leave for Vermont today. Poppy was with us the first several days after Grace was born but had to return to Vermont due to work commitments. We were very happy to have Poppy back with us for Christmas. He was a tremendous help to us. Poppy and Grace have a special bond and the time they were able to spend together was priceless. One of the greatest joys of having children of my own is seeing them with my own parents. The grandparent/grandchild bond is truly amazing to watch develop and grow. Maddy has been with us the entire time since Jack has been born. There are not enough words to thank my beautiful Mom for all that she has done to help me and my family. I could not have gotten through the past two weeks without her love and support. While Bob, Jack, and I were at the hospital, Maddy was home taking the absolute best care of Grace. Maddy arrived with an activity bag full of fun projects for Grace to do each day that she had spent weeks preparing. While I was at the hospital I felt so at peace just knowing that Grace was happy, safe, and in the best hands. When I returned home from the hospital I came home to a perfectly clean house, with everything in its place. It was obvious that Maddy spent her evenings after Grace went to sleep making sure everything was ready for my arrival home ~ all this without any electricity! Maddy also did endless loads of laundry (far too many to count!), drove to the grocery store on snowy roads to get my medicine, woke up every morning to read to Grace so I could spend time with Jack, prepared all of Grace's meals, and best of all she showered Grace and Jack with lots of love, hugs, and kisses. Thank you, Mom, for everything. My wish is to be the type of mother to Grace and Jack as you have been and always will be to me. I love you and Dad so very much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can barely see to type this as tears are rolling down by cheeks. Thank you and I am humbled. I am reliving all the moments over and over and over again. I am missing all of you so much. I had so many grandchildren dreams last night. I remember lotions, washing hands, and lots chubby toes!
I don't know quite what to do with myself yet without a little one nearby. But, there is always Poppy to take care of!!!
Missing all of you with such a full heart of love,
Maddy

Anonymous said...

i think the archive you wirte is very good, but i think it will be better if you can say more..hehe,love your blog,,,

Anonymous said...

It seems different countries, different cultures, we really can decide things in the same understanding of the difference!
Personalized Signature:我喜欢淮安掼蛋,靖江青儿,南通长牌,姜堰23张,常州麻将这些地方言游戏

Anonymous said...

It seems a little more than I need to check the information, because I was thinking: Why does not my GLOG these things!
fishing net

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?