- Jack can sit on his own for several minutes. Jack's favorite time to sit is while playing with blocks and outside on the grass.
- Jack can stand on his own by holding on to furniture. Jack is very motivated to try to take steps to walk (oh my!).
- Jack is rolling all over! Jack rolls from one end of our living room to the other when he sees a favorite toy across the room.
- Jack is such a sweet boy and he is quite the little charmer! Jack smiles all the time and he loves to giggle at silly things.
- Jack LOVES to eat. Jack happily eats anything I give him but his favorite foods seem to be avocados, peas, sweet potatoes, mangoes, and bananas.
- Jack is now rolling over to sleep on his left side in his crib.
- Jack has two teeth (bottom two incisors).
- Jack loves making sounds. His favorite conversational partner is Grace. Jack loves "talking" to his big sister. Jack is now babbling and I love this SO much!
- Jack loves books. Jack's favorite book is, "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb" by Al Perkins.
- Jack amazes me with his ability to reach and use his hands. Jack's reach is always accurate.
- Jack continues to display a very clear preference for favorite songs.
- Jack is such a big boy! Hooray - there is so much baby for me to love. We think Jack is around 22 pounds. Jack's six month wellness visit is scheduled for the beginning of July so we'll know his exact weight and length then.
- Jack loves sign language. He understands the signs for more, all done, eat, and up. I think he also understands several animal signs including: cow, horse, pig, cat, and dog.
- Jack has become very attached to his monkey. Jack always cuddles with monkey when he sleeps. Jack loves chewing on monkey's tail too!
- Jack has several names including: Jack-a-roo, Hammer (jack hammer) and Big Man!
- Jack's favorite things: blocks, books, Grace, bubbles, fans, snowflakes (I'll explain this in a future post!), being outside, going for walks, music group, pat-a-cake, balls, play silks, peek-a-boo, mirrors, music, dancing, Mommy, animals, Petey (our cat), and finger painting.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Six Months Old!
Our beautiful, happy boy is six months old today. Here is an update all about Jack: