Thursday, August 18, 2011

The National Zoo

Grace and I spent a day at the National Zoo while we were in Washington D.C.. We had the best time getting there (we took the subway) and the most wonderful day together!

Grace has always loved elephants. She has a lovey named Ella, which is a small pink elephant that she has loved & loved since she was a baby!

It was so exciting for Grace to see the elephants at the zoo! She stood and watched the elephants for a long time. Grace laughed when one of the elephants picked up a tire with its trunk.

Grace and I loved watching this panda bear. If you look closely, you can see some of Grace's reflection in the lower left of this picture as she watched the panda eat some bamboo.

For those of you who know Grace....this was a very big moment for her! :)

There were cool mist stations throughout the zoo. It was the perfect way to cool off on this very hot day!

1 comment:

maddy, said...

I'm so glad that Grace was able to see real-live elephants. And from the looks of it they put on quite the show for her!

Elephants, Pandas, and Gorillas, oh my!

I really so happy that our Grace was able to see the beauty of gorillas and overcome her trepidation of them. [That silly boy that time with that that wind-up gorilla near her!!] For Grace is the bravest most intrepid girl around!

And, I just have to add that I never even knew cool mist stations existed before this picture...but, how I love the idea. I'm going to search the internet for a home~style one! What a great thing! Love the images of Grace misting herself!

Love, Maddy

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?