Friday, August 19, 2011

Kettle Cove

Eve

Jack

Grace

After several days of rain we were very excited to see the sunshine return yesterday. I took Grace, Jack and Eve to Kettle Cove, which is a relatively unknown beach near our home, to have some fun in the sun! We had so much fun there yesterday that we went back today too. Kettle Cove is one of the best beaches for swimming, building sand castles, having a picnic, and exploring. Kettle Cove is both sandy and rocky, has grassy areas that overlook the ocean, a walking trail along the beach and a fisherman's cove. This place is just one of the many reasons we love Maine so much.

Eve, Grace & Jack

3 comments:

Mom to Rebecca, said...

One of my very favorite places in Maine, too. The first time you brought us to Kettle Cove I was awestruck by the beauty. I love Kettle Cove even more now because I just adore the way Jack says, "Kettle Cove", it is beyond cute!

I love these pictures and I love how you can take 3 little children all under five to the beach all by yourself, Mama!! Amazing and wonderful and special all rolled into one!

I'll be rooting for many more Kettle Cove days for all of you until waaay into November.

Love everything about this post-everything!
Mom

ps, said...

ps--love those baby legs, one-shoe Jack, and that expression on Grace.

--didn't want to forget to mention this!

Anonymous said...

It does the heart good to see such delight. Eve, Grace, and Jack, each doing what makes them happy, all involving nature and the present moment.

They are so beautiful! I wiah that I could reach out and give them a big hug.

XOXOXO,
Memere

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?