Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy Hearts

Grace and Jack made these beautiful Valentine day hearts this morning. They had the following materials to choose from: markers, marker dots, crayons, crayon rocks, stamps, pom poms, stickers, glitter, hole punchers, and glue.

Grace loved making her Valentine hearts. I left out the materials on her table all day and Grace kept returning to her stool to make more. I am going to make this table into Grace's art area where she will have access to various art supplies whenever she wants to draw, color, paint, or make a Grace original!

Grace was very sweet by helping Jack dip his fingers into the paint to make his Valentine hearts. Jack smiled when his fingers touched the cool pink paint.

Here is Jack's first handmade Valentine and I think it is just beautiful! Thank you, Grace and Jack, for this special time we shared together this morning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another special morning! I love hearts and Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate. It's all the friendship and love...just like in your sweet pictures. The art table is a great idea, Rebecca. Gracious Grace was so nice to help Jolly Jack with his heart. They are "heartbreakers"! :) :)
My HEART is full of LOVE,
Maddy XO

Anonymous said...

ooohhh, I forgot to comment on those hands....I just adore those hands. Hands working together, helping hands, hands full of love. (love, Jack's chubby little wrists!) Give those hands kisses from me today. I know that a few of you are not feeling very well, so snuggle up and keep warm. It's the February thing!

Anonymous said...

Dear Legers,
Your Maddy knows that my favorite holiday at school is Valentines day... A day full of friendship, kindness and love... What more could children and adults ask for... I love the picture of Grace helping Jack with his first heart handprint. He'll look up to you for more help, kindness, guidance and love as you grow. It warms my heart to watch my BIG girl, Sarah, continue to love, guide and cheer for her "little" brother, Neil... Special bonds that only sisters and brothers can feel... You've just begun...
Heart to you all,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, many art studios and preschools pale compared to what you offer Grace and Jack. You have wonderful ideas, including making the table into a readily accessible art area. Kudos to you!
With love and wonder,
Memere

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?