Sunday, November 30, 2008

"We Made Spring!"

One of Grace's special birthday gifts was this paperwhite bulb kit made by Maddy. Maddy used all recycled materials to create this kit for Grace. First, Maddy & Grace placed rocks at the bottom of a cut open plastic bottle. Grace then poured water over the rocks. Finally, the mouth of the plastic bottle was placed upside down on top to provide a resting place for Grace's paperwhite bulb. The clear bottle will allow Grace the opportunity to watch the roots grow as the bulb grows taller each day. Grace also has a book all about paperwhites. Our favorite line from the book is, "We made Spring!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been planning this since the summer. I could hardly wait to share this with Grace. Now, I can hardly wait to hear all about what Grace has to say as the paperwhite bulb grows and grows. I'm so sure that Grace will notice things about it that I have never even thought about!
Love and love,
Maddy

Anonymous said...

I like your blog

Anonymous said...

I think I come to the right place, because for a long time do not see such a good thing the!

Anonymous said...

It seems different countries, different cultures, we really can decide things in the same understanding of the difference!
PE Net

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?