Monday, November 10, 2008

Matching Objects To Letters By Their Initial Sound

Today Grace matched three dimensional objects to letters according to their initial sound. I gathered a variety of objects beginning with the letter "c" sound (cow, clock, crayon, cup, carrot) and objects beginning with the "b" sound (beads, ball, block, book). I then put all of the objects into a large bowl. Grace pulled out one object at a time. After naming the object out loud, Grace put the object under the letter "b" or "c" according to the first sound in the objects name. Grace was able to match all of the objects to their initial sound all by herself! I'm going to add one or two more letters to this activity when we try it again tomorrow to make it more challenging for her. Great job, Gracie girl!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an outstanding job, Grace!
But, somehow, it doesn't surprise me at all. I love the carrot....is the Good P's kitty ball!? I can't wait to see what letters come tomorrow. Grace is excellent at the game because I would have said the colors not the name of the objects! I think that I would have needed more directions than our Grace!
Happy Thankful November,
Love, Maddy

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with the variety of fun learning activities that Rebecca comes up with and Grace's ability to excel when presented with new concepts. My girls make me so happy with their mutual admiration and how they thoroughly enjoy each other's company.

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?