- Grace can recite many nursery rhymes in their entirety. Some examples include: Humpty Dumpty, Little Bo Beep, Little Boy Blue, Hey Diddle Diddle, Ring Around The Rosey, See Saw Margery Daw, It's Raining It's Pouring, Little Miss Muffet, Pat-A-Cake, Rain Rain Go Away, Rock-A-Bye Baby, This Little Piggy, and Wee Willy Winkie. Grace has an amazing memory. After reading nursery rhymes for only one week, Grace had all of these rhymes memorized. It always brings a smile to my face when I hear Grace recite her favorite nursery rhymes out loud just before she falls asleep for her nap.
- Grace knows her address.
- Grace can state her age in months.
- Grace can name and identify 14 states & 15 countries on the United States and World map.
- Grace will say a word and name 2-3 additional rhyming words.
- Grace can independently state the date including the day of the week, month, day of the month, and year by looking at her calendar.
- Grace's drawings are becoming much more detailed.
- Grace is reading many words. She does an excellent job sounding out letters in words.
- Grace knows her left and right. She can identify her left & right hand, arms, legs, and feet.
- Favorite things: Ella, books, letters, music group, swimming class, playing the piano, animals, making patterns, sorting, the post office, playing at the playground, Mr. Potato Head, calendar time, dancing, reading her Animal Baby magazines, naming nocturnal animals, measuring items with her measuring tape, painting, writing & drawing in her notebook, building blocks, being outside, pretend play, lotions, clothes, and giving big hugs.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Twenty-Three Months Old
Our sweet Gracie girl turned twenty-three months old yesterday. It is hard to believe that this time next month Grace will be two years old! Here are some highlights of Grace's most recent achievements: