Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"Which one is different?"

Grace has been able to identify items that are the same for several months now. I knew Grace really had this concept down last week when she kept handing me identical objects from around our house while saying, "same." Today, I targeted the concept of different with Grace. I set up a row of bears, one of which was a different color from the others. After demonstrating "different" for Grace one time, she easily picked up this concept. Grace then set up her own rows of bears and pointed out to me which one was different. This became a fun and entertaining game for Grace. I'll have to work on targeting additional attributes with Grace such as size, sound, and smell differences!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace, your Mommy is an excellent teacher and you are an excellent student. It is exciting to see how much you love to learn and enjoy a challenge. Have fun with your bears and all of your other toys.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO,
Memere

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, I so agree with Memere!
You are an excellent teacher and Grace is an excellent learner. What a perfect team.
I can just see Grace going around your home and pointing out EVERYTHING that is the same and different. Doesn't she just crave learning the next new thing?! Truly Amazing. Her enthusiasm is contagious!

Have a wonderful (rainy) day, you two sweet girls. I cannot wait to see what it brings for you both.
Love You, Coconut Pies,
Maddy

PS~Love your top, Grace. I remember wearing one like it once!

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?