Friday, August 1, 2008

"Sticky" Collages!

Grace has been learning about tactile concepts and today I targeted "sticky." I thought it would be fun for Grace to make contact paper collages. This morning Grace made two collages ~ a tissue paper collage and a nature collage. Grace enjoyed tearing different colors of tissue paper sheets into smaller pieces. Grace then sorted them by color into bowls. I put a large piece of contact paper, with the sticky side up, onto Grace's tray. Grace placed different colored pieces of the tissue paper onto the sticky contact paper to create a collage. Later, Grace & I went on a nature walk and gathered different leaves, pine needles, grass, clovers, and a flower so that Grace could create a nature collage. I added another piece of contact paper on top of Grace's work and we hung the collages in our kitchen window. They look beautiful!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE the collages! What a wonderful concept for Grace to work on today, though I am so sure that she has sticky all ready down pact! Rebecca, another perfect activity for Grace. I bet that your kitchen has a new special brightness due to these beautiful collages. I would have loved to hear all that Grace had to say about this project! She is one AMAZING little girl.....in every possible way!
Missing all of you, but so full of love.

Anonymous said...

What talent and beauty! You are a crafty person, Grace, and you create such interesting and skillful projects. You are a powerhouse of activity and production. We love what you do. The gifts that you have made for Memere and Pepere are all over the house, lifting our hearts and bringing a smile as they catch our eye as we pass by. We thank you!
Love you to bits,
Memere and Pepere

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?