Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tick Tock

Ever since Grace was a baby she has shown an interest in clocks & watches. I think this is because of a song called "Tick Tock" by Ron Brown, which teaches children about clocks and telling time. Grace has heard this song since she was a baby and it has always been a favorite (Ron Brown is the creator of Intelli-Tunes, which teaches educational concepts like math skills, phonemic awareness skills, grammar, and early childhood concepts through fun and catchy songs. If you haven't heard of Intelli-Tunes, it is definitely worth checking out.). Grace is absolutely thrilled to have her own watch now and she is very, very proud of it. Oh, and Grace's watch has butterflies on it, of course!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Grace,
You must love to wear your butterfly watch. I know that you have always been fascinated with clocks and watches since you were a little baby. I think that you get it from your Poppy. I have lost track of all the watches and clocks that we have in our house! I love the Tick-Tock song so much, too. Now that you are a little older, I'll have to show you how to dance to the song like we do at school, the next time I see you! We'll have a great time together.
You look beautiful today.
I Love You,
Your Maddy XO

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace:
I know the feeling. There is just something about clocks/watches and time. As you get older I am looking forward to turning over to you some old clocks to take care of. Maybe we will even take a few apart to see what makes these tick tocks work.
Love,
Poppy

Anonymous said...

Grace looks very pretty with her very own butterfly wristwatch! I can't wait to see it in person and have her show it to me. Does it glow in the dark and does she put it up to her ear to listen to it tick? Also does Grace always fasten it to her left wrist versus her right? What is her favorite time of the day? Also I really like the photo of her watching the pig race-so happy!
Love, Uncle Adam

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?