Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Look Back at Halloweens Past...

Halloween 2012
Three Little Birds
Jack, Eve, Grace

Jack

Grace

Eve


Halloween 2011
Three Little Bakers
(Eve's first Halloween)
Grace, Eve, Jack

Eve

Jack

Grace


Halloween 2010
Two Little Giraffes
This was a very busy Halloween for us.  We had just moved into our new house and Eve was born a little over two months later!
Jack & Grace


Halloween 2009
Cowgirl & Cowboy
(Jack's first Halloween)
Grace & Jack

Jack

Grace


Halloween 2008
Grace as "Ella"
 (Ella is Grace's beloved pink elephant that she still loves and sleeps with every night!)


Halloween 2007
Grace as a Ladybug 
(Grace's first Halloween)

Every year Maddy works so very hard to make all of Grace, Jack and Eves' costumes.  Maddy thinks about and plans for the costumes a year in advance (to be honest, my Mom and I have already started talking about next year's Halloween costumes!).  Maddy begins working many, many weeks prior to Halloween in order to make sure every little detail is absolutely perfect.  I so love and appreciate everything that my Mom puts into making Halloween so special and forever memorable for Grace, Jack and Eve and I can't possibly thank her enough.  One of my favorite days of the year is when the UPS truck drives down our long driveway to deliver the Halloween costume box from Maddy's house in Middlebury, Vermont to ours.  It is great fun for me to watch Grace, Jack and Eve open it up and to see their excitement, to hear their squeals of delight and to watch them dress up in their costumes for the very first time.  I am so excited to reveal what Maddy has made this year.  :)     

4 comments:

Costume Maddy!, said...


Thank you, thank you, my ever-dearest little family!

I love making the Halloween costumes for Grace, Jack, and Eve more than anything.

But, I cannot help but think that someday when they are a bit older they will say....we never had a store-bought costume because my Grandmother made them every year!!!

This is such a sweet trip into the past, Rebecca, I love it! How the children have grown. You don't really notice it until you take a peak back!

Can't wait to see them all dressed up tomorrow! Such excitement!

Love, Maddy

Maddy!, said...


Had to say that I cannot get enough of Jack with a mustache!!

xox, Maddy!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cuter, even cuter, still even cuter, still even more cute, amazingly cute, stunningly cute!
Wow!

XOXOXO,
Memere

Susan bodette said...

Mary-Anne---have a much renewed respect for your sewing skills!! These are incredible and thanks for the ideas for my new grandson!!! Rebecca your children are beautiful!!

Susan Bodette
Addison

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?