Monday, June 16, 2008

More Fun With Sorting!

Grace chose to paint with yellow and green paint this morning. Once the paint dried I cut Grace's paintings into different shapes so she could sort them by color. I thought it would be fun for Grace to sort today using something she created!
While I was preparing lunch for Grace I scattered the colored shapes seen above on our kitchen floor. I had not brought out this sorter for several weeks so I was curious to see what Grace would do with it. I was very surprised when I turned around to see that Grace had sorted all of of the different colored shapes onto their correct peg all by herself. Way to go Grace!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Grace,
I am out of school for summer vacation! There has been so much going on here that this is my very first chance to catch up with you. First of all, our basement flooded on Sunday after a night of very heavy rains. Poppy and I spent most of the day cleaning up the mess. Then on Monday about 4:00PM another storm passed through Middlebury and again the water came in. We are trying to get to the bottom of this!
Yesterday Great Pop-Pop had eye surgery. I went down early yesterday morning and just now am home.
You are remarkable with shapes, Grace. Which one is your favorite?
I like triangles. You are more and more amazing every day.
Together or apart
You're always
in my heart.
Love, Madddy

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?