Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sandy Play Dough


Eve, Grace and Jack made sandy play dough last week.  I accidentally deleted most of my pictures from this day on my computer so these are the only three that I have from this activity.  Here is the recipe that we used:


4 cups of sand
3 cups of flour
1 1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup of oil


Eve had the best time making this dough and she also had such a fun time playing with the flour.  This was a great sensory activity and a new twist on our homemade play dough recipe.  The texture of this dough was gritty from the sand but also smooth like regular play dough.  We later added several sea shells that we collected from our trips to the beach to the dough, which provided lots of opportunities for pretend play.  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Eve so much! I'm trying to imagine what the texture of the play dough is like. I like the way you explained it as soft and gritty. Yet, another great idea, Mama!

Did you bring home the 4 cups of sand from the beach? So sorry about losing the rest of your photos....those computers sometimes!

Love, Mom

ps--missing you even more than ever, Rebecca. I'm off this early to Grandma's but I'll do a post on last weekend tomorrow!

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?