Monday, December 12, 2011

Sewing with Jack

Jack is one mighty fine sewer! Jack's love of sewing began earlier this year when he started sewing with Maddy on her sewing machine. Since then Jack has been practicing hand stitching at home using a blunt needle and yarn. Oh how love watching my Jack sew. He becomes so focused with his sewing projects. I feel that the discipline taught by learning to sew can extend itself into other areas of life. Sewing can help to teach some key life skills (in a very fun and rewarding way!) like hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, creativity, planning, sequencing, organization, following instructions, math skills, problem solving, discipline, patience, self-confidence and a wonderful sense of accomplishment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack joins some fine men sewers and craftsmen. And it's wonderful that he enjoys it so much. He looks completely intrigued by his handiwork.

His hand eye coordination is advanced for a three year old!
Sew (so) good, Jack.

XOXOXO,
Memere
Memere

Maddy, said...

Jack, oh my, boy! You must know how I am loving this! There is nothing sweeter than a boy/man who has the skills of homemaking. This is exactly what we need more children learning the simple arts of life. I am beyond the stars that Jack loves it all so. What a man he will become.

My Dearest Rebecca, thank you for the amazing reflections on sewing...it's all why I love it so [sew!]. Now, if I only had those math sills, though....you know what I'm talking about, Rebecca!

I Love You, My Boy,
Your Maddy

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?