Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Our Special Spot in the Woods














We went for a walk in the woods directly behind our house yesterday afternoon. We found a beautiful spot near our home where we spent time skating, locating animal tracks, gathering sticks to make fairy houses, examining snowflakes, making snow angels on the ice and admiring the beauty that surrounded us.

I took Grace, Jack and Eve back to our special spot in the woods again today. We spent most of our morning there constructing a "house" that we started to make out of sticks and pine branches along several patches of ice. We are so excited to continue to build our forest house there throughout the winter months.

I remember as a little girl creating a fort that my brother and I built in the brush alongside the dirt road where we lived. Adam and I would spend many of our summer days there playing and imagining together. A neighbors dog would often join us in our adventures (remember Oreo, Adam?!!!). I hope that my own children will create their own special childhood memories in their spot in the woods, just as I did with my brother.

1 comment:

Walking Walt said...

What Leger memories are being created! I so enjoy these pictures. Walking in the woods is a great way to recharge one's batteries. I can remember Adam & your adventures in Panton. And, Oreo...such a good dog.

Soon, Grace & Jack can have their own walking sticks...with Eve to follow in a few years.

Love, Dad/Walt/Poppy

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?