Monday, December 12, 2011

Calendar Time with Eve

Every morning we do calendar time. The moment I begin to sing our calendar time song Eve drops whatever she is doing and crawls as fast as she possibly can to our blackboard wall where I keep our calendar. Eve pulls down on the calendar and excitedly announces to me how very happy she is that calendar time has started! Eve sings along with all of the calendar/morning songs, helps place the number on the calendar and pulls off the picture of President Obama to say good morning to him. Eve can also identify the American flag and loves it when we all sing "You're A Grand Old Flag." I love calendar time too because it is a fun way to teach so many concepts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when Grace started doing calendar time, and then Jack, and now Eve. It's the Little Leger Schoolhouse. What great little citizens they are, knowing our President and singing patriotic songs! You make Learning so much fun, Rebecca.

Love to our eager little learners, and to their teachers, Mommy and Daddy,
Memere

Maddy, said...

My Baby, Eve! You are such an incredible learner! I love watching you crawl as fast as a jack rabbit across the floor when there is something that you NEED to see! There is always something new to join in in your home. I learn every time we visit!

You have created an environment where learning about life exists without electronic devises. Where books galore, art supplies to the ceiling, timeless games, and the great outdoors all fill the senses of Grace, Jack, and Eve. It's this Maddy's happiest image! How I love it.

Love to the most outstanding learners,
Maddy
xox

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?