Sunday, March 13, 2011

Our Big Day at the Children's Museum

We celebrated the remainder of Dr. Seuss's birthday and Read Across America Day last week at the Children's Museum, where Gracie girl performed Edward Lear's The Owl and the Pussycat play as part of her Teensy Weensy theater class!



Our Gracie girl has such a natural presence on the stage. We all look forward to Grace's play performances at the end of every month. We are so very proud of her!

After all of Grace's performances Jack gives Grace a bouquet of flowers. Jack look so sweet watching the play as he gently held onto the bouquet. Jack is always excited to watch Grace on stage and he is very proud to present her with flowers after each show.

Here is our baby Eve after the play performance. Eve is so super sweet -- I tell her all the time that I could just eat her up!!!! Eve was fascinated with the lights and sounds during the play and she was very happy to see her Daddy.

After Grace's play we stayed at the museum for the remainder of the afternoon. I love showing Eve everything at the museum because it is all so new and exciting to her. My time at the museum with Eve brings back so many memories of when I first brought Grace and Jack there.

Prior to the play, Jack had some time with Eve and I to play at the museum while Grace had a short dress rehearsal. Jack loves the river but his favorite display at the museum now is the ball room, where he enjoys experimenting rolling balls down various ramps and platforms...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! It motivated me to try to post something. =) My computer works great but its just so much harder/time consuming to blog on my mac. When I had the pc I used live writer...can't use that on the mac. So major learning curve needed. But we are getting a pc for the kids (Jake does all his homework on word docs these days and sharing with your kiddos stinks =).
I should also sit down soon and explain on my blog that Ben had a lot of issues with his speech this year. He has pretty low tone and therefore is getting physical therapy and speech 5x a week in our home. I was managing everything ok for awhile but recently its gotten hard not much time left in my schedule. Especially since the other kids are involved in so much. But such is life with a big family. We are blessed Benny is getting help and I promise to return to blogging soon. I sure do miss it as it is such a great way to keep a journal for our family and it keeps me consistently mindful of the many blessings in our lives.
But even though I haven't been blogging I do keep tabs on your blog and your beautiful family!

here we come!, said...

I love these pictures and I must say how it warmed my heart to see you, Rebecca!

What an amazing family...Grace has such presence where ever she goes and that Jack, you have no idea how I can't get enough of those little hands of his gently holding the flowers. And, Sweetness Herself, Miss Eve is just about the cutest little thing ever and ever. I do so love the picture with Daddy, too.

Just think in less than 48 hours, Adam and I will be with all of you! Tomorrow I pack up the car with all kinds of goodies, treats, and surprise for everyone. I've already begun laughing as I can only imagine what Jack and Grace will have to say. I'm also seeing in my mind's eye Eve's beautiful big eyes even getting bigger as she experiences a few days with us.
Can't wait! Love,
Maddy
xox

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?