Thursday, January 9, 2014

Reading the Dictionary...

As I walked by Grace's room one night this week I was surprised to see that the light in her room was still on long after I had tucked her in for the night.  I opened her door to find Grace wide awake in bed and reading and rather large book.  I asked Grace what she was reading and in a nonchalant manner she said, "The dictionary."  I smiled and thought....of course she is!  The best part was that Grace had a pad of bright pink post-it notes next to her and she had at least twenty pages marked in her dictionary.

How I loved walking into Grace's room and seeing this because it is so very much her.  Ever since Grace was an infant she has had such an intense desire to learn.  Every day Grace challenges me by asking such deep and intense questions in order to fully understand every situation or event.  I find myself doing daily research on a variety of subject matter for Grace and every day I learn something new from her.  I can't wait to see what becomes of this my girl someday!          

 

No comments:

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?