Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Lighthouse!

We took Grace to see the Portland Headlight this afternoon. Grace has seen pictures of lighthouses in her books and she especially loves finding the lighthouse in her Goodnight Maine book but until today she had not seen a real live lighthouse. Grace seemed fascinated by the large size of the Portland Headlight. On the car ride home, Grace kept saying and signing, "big, big!" This will be a wonderful place to spend many of our summer days with Grace. In addition to the lighthouse, there are large open fields, a walking path, and spectacular views of the ocean. I can't wait to see Grace flying a kite there this summer. There is so much to look forward to when the warmer weather arrives. We can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I wish that I was there, too. I love it there. I am feeling that I need to connect with the ocean again. Can we go when we come up in two weeks? I cannot wait to see Grace when she sees the Portland Headlight again. Poppy and I will have to tell her that her Mommy & Daddy got engaged there!
Love, Maddy

PS~Grace, you look just like a city girl(up from Boston, maybe!!)in your leopard jacket!! Poppy and I think that you are so cute!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely setting and backdrop for a wondrous little girl! It sounds as though it will continue to be a favorite visiting place for all the Legers. We remember oh so well the day when your Mom and Dad became engaged there.
Love to you, our Shining Light, and to your Mommy and Daddy,
Memere and Pepere

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?