Friday, March 12, 2010

Growing Up

Every Friday Grace, Jack, and I go to the Children's Museum as a fun way to end our fun-filled week! Grace has really been enjoying the wonderful activities that the Children's Museum offers. The activities range from music, dance, theater, cultural and science activities to art projects. Grace enjoyed sitting at a round table with several other children in the museum's art room yesterday as she painted a beautiful mask. It struck me as I was watching Grace yesterday how very quickly she is growing up. I remember Grace walking around the Children's Museum when she was just nine months old. She would excitedly explore every inch of the museum and she still does to this day! I also distinctly remember seeing children there whom were years old than Grace. I used to walk by the children participating in the museum's activities together and imagine what Grace would be like when she was their age. At that time I just couldn't imagine my baby Grace sitting at a table and working - it seemed so very far away. Yet, there was Grace yesterday working at that very same table that I used to imagine her sitting at some day. My time with Grace and Jack has gone by so very quickly. I am treasuring every moment of Jack's "baby" days and every moment of the time that I have with Grace at home until she goes to school. Before I know it my little Jack-a-roo will be sitting at that very same table at the museum and my Gracie girl will be packing her backpack to head off to her first day of school.

2 comments:

Grace's Maddy, said...

Usually when I see a new post about Grace or Jack, I can leave a comment right away. I am filled with so many works that my fingers cannot type quickly enough. But, when I read this little story about our Gracie-Girl I felt that I needed time to think. I have thought about this all day long.
I have been noticing the subtle changes in Grace these past few months. I have secretly harbored the fact that I am no longer seeing her as our Baby Grace. I noticed the little girl "look" in her eyes. I noticed how she has gained height. I noticed her very-very (even more than before!) little girl conversations on the phone. I kept this secret all to myself. But, now that the word is out, I can honestly say that I see it, too. Grace is growing up so quickly, right before our very eyes. At first, I felt saddened that the little baby girl I first held just minutes after her birth has changed in a wink of an eye. Then I became as happy as a lark that I now have another special girl in my life...one that I can make up stories with, one that I can teach all about the things that I so enjoy doing, one that I can plan the future with.
I am so excited about what the years ahead bring for Grace me. Years for two girls, one young one older to grow and be best~friends with. Oh, yes, I am one happy Maddy. I not only have a Granddaughter but I'm on the road to watching this girl grow up.
I Love You, Grace.

Anonymous said...

Grace, your mask is stunning! Your royal colors are beautiful and the glitter is the perfect touch.

Did Jack recognize you? Did he want to try it on too? Maybe you could use your mask to play peek- a-boo, hiding behind it then lifting to surprise Jack.

Love you, Grace, and love how creative you are,
Memere

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?