Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Making Dandelion Flower Tea

Today we picked dandelions from our yard to make dandelion tea.  I just love the sprinkling of the yellow dandelions in our back yard, although I don't think Bob shares my enthusiasm for this flower/weed!!!  To make dandelion flower tea we picked handfuls of dandelions and put them into colanders.  After thoroughly washing the dandelions we pulled the petals away from the base of the flower and placed the petals into cups of water.  We are soaking the petals over night and tomorrow we will pass the flower tea through a strainer, heat the water and add a little bit of honey to sweeten our dandelion tea.  Here are some pictures of Grace, Jack and Eve picking the dandelions.  Jack and Eve decided to dress up as giraffes to make this experience all the more fun!  ;)
    
Grace

Eve

Jack

2 comments:

Mom, said...


Oh My, My--these pictures are just so wonderful, Rebecca!

It is so difficult to tell who-is-who! All of Our Littles look so much alike in these photos that I can hardly differentiate between them....how I LOVE this dilemma!!

Jack and Eve make me want to be a giraffe, too!

Dad LOVES dandelions so much [always has] wait until he sees this post.

How did your tea taste? You are JUST one incredible Mama, Rebecca, to empower the use of this flower/weed in a way that acknowledges the right of nature for Jack, Eve, and Grace. I love all of it very, very much!

Love,Mom

Anonymous said...

Paragraph writing is also a fun, if you be acquainted with then you can write otherwise it is complicated
to write.

My page Pureberry Max Raspberry Ketone REview

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?