Thursday, May 10, 2007

I Love the Great Outdoors

Mommy and I had lots of fun playing outside this morning thanks to Daddy! He set up my new sun tent for me so that Mommy and I can play safely outside without worrying about getting too much sun. There is so much I have learned by being outside. There is so much for me to see, to touch, and to smell. Here are just a few things that I love about the great outdoors:

I love to open my mouth wide and feel the wind blow
I love to feel the blades of grass with my hands
I love to listen to the sound of a babbling brook near our home
I love the way the pine needles on the trees tickle my feet
I love to hear the birds sing
I love to go on walks with Mommy and our three cats through the woods
I love to walk to the lake to see the sparkling blue water

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Love the L.L.Bean sun tent! I can't wait to come and enjoy some time with you in it! You have the best Mommy--she is the greatest teacher. Daddy was very nice to put this tent up for you. There are 86,400 seconds in a day to learn and play and I am glad that you are making the most of every one of them!
Be especially sweet and loving to Mommy this weekend because it is Mother's Day and it's Mommy's first one!!! You are sooooo lucky to have your Mommy---she is as special as can be! I can't wait to share all of my stories about her as you grow up. Love to you, Your Maddy
h&k~hugs and kisses

Anonymous said...

Grace, you teach so much about enjoying every single little thing. You open our eyes to the wonder that we take for granted. You are a gift and you give us gifts.
Love you to the moon and beyond,
Memere

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?