Thursday, May 10, 2007

"May Flower in Full Bloom"

The learning theme this month continues to be focused around Spring, with more of an emphasis on leaves and flowers. Grace and I have been giddy with excitement that the weather in May has been so sunny and warm. We have taken full advantage of the beautiful weather by going on nature walks every day. In the beginning of May, I would talk to Grace about the buds on the trees and flowers. We closely examined many trees and flowers, eagerly anticipating the first dash of color to appear. Each day we became more and more excited as we watched the buds grow bigger and bigger. On Wednesday we took a morning walk and noticed the first sprinkling of green on the trees and yellow on our daffodils. Later that day when Daddy came home from work, we went on a family walk and much to Grace and my delight, all the leaves on the trees had opened to a brilliant green and the flowers had bloomed. Grace was inspired by all of the bright and beautiful Spring colors so she painted a purple hand flower shown here to celebrate the greatest gift that Spring has to offer -- color!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful artwork Grace. I am glad that you and Mommy get to enjoy walks together everyday...it allows you to see so many new things and for Mommy to get some excercise so she can stay healthy for you, making it Doubly terrific =) Lots of Love, Melissa

Mary Ann said...

"You're my soul, and my heart's inspiration."
~the Righteous Brothers

I find myself looking at your art work just as if I was enjoying a piece for the the first time at an Art Museum! What talent!

Isn't just phenomenal how buds and flowers just appear before our very eyes this time of year? Even after all these years I still find myself overjoyed by the colors and the shades of green in the month of May.
Ooh la la and ta ta for now!!
You color my world,
Love, Maddy

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?