Sunday, March 11, 2007

Look at Me Go!

This was big moment for our Gracie girl.... it was her very first ride in her stroller without her infant car seat! Grace went shopping at the Maine Mall with Mommy & Daddy where she received many, many smiles from onlookers as she held her color book and took in all of the sights, sounds, and smells at the mall. Don't worry Uncle Adam, Grace didn't spend the entire day at the mall. Later on we took Grace outside on a long nature walk where she experienced touching the cold wet snow, smelling the pine trees, feeling the warm sun on her face, and seeing all of the beautiful white birch trees!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a big step for you, Rebecca. (Yes, I am referring to my cousin). Didn't it feel weird having her so exposed and not even facing you! I remember the first time I put Michaela in the stroller without her Car seat...I was very nervous, but knew that Michaela had much more to see in the world. A milestone for both child and parent.

Grace, enjoy the many, many things you will see on your walks and know that Mommy and Daddy are only a step behind you. Mommy and Daddy, enjoy watching your beautiful baby girl experience so many new things in front of you.

Love, Melissa

Mary Ann said...

I am so behind in my messages to you, Grace! I was so busy getting ready for your visit with Mommy. We love you in your "big girl" stroller seat! I am very glad that you enjoy the mall(Mommy & I do, too). Don't worry Uncle Adam, Bob and Rebecca will definately make sure that Grace has many outdoor experiences. Grace, I think most of your visits to Vermont will be nature trips. We'll try to get in a little shopping,though. Aunt Melinda, Melissa, Michaela, Aunt Donna and Aunt Judy guess what.... we are the ONLY state without a Target!! There are only 4 WalMarts in Vermont! But we do have many dirts roads, cows, and nature trails!


Here is a little note:
I know that many of you who read this wonderful blog for Grace wonder why I leave a comment on every picture. I feel that is is my ongoing journal to Grace. These are my feelings and thoughts at the time. I want Grace to be able to read them some day and know that. It is such a joy for me to be able to do this. I am always thinking "if only I had been able to have this from my Grandmother". These moments in Grace's life are fleeting and everyday is full of change that I am privileged to share them with her.

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?