Monday, August 30, 2010

More Baby Girl Names...

Here is one of Grace and Jack's sunflowers that they planted from seed on Earth Day

I'm sorry to report that Grace's name choice of "Fursack" has officially been ruled out for our baby girl. I know many of you out there were routing for that one! :)

Here is a new list from Grace on possible name choices for her baby sister:

A-A, Avery, Bowlie, Curl, Do-Re-Mi, Fruit, Gray, Keybo, Keywarro, Lar, Laylee, Naywar, Omega, Ray, Rhee, Row Your Boat, Scrambled Egg, Shayo, Waterway, Zaykar, Zero, Zheyar

Here is Jack's list for his baby sister: Mama, Mommy

I can say for sure that we have narrowed down our baby girl's name to two possible choices (to be revealed once she is born!). Her middle name will definitely be the same as mine and Grace's, which is
Mercie. Mercie was the name of my great grandmother on my Mom's side.

For those of you who are interested, had we had a baby boy his name probably would have been Will Walter Leger, although the name Oliver also came in strong at the last moment. :)

3 comments:

Husband said...

I love Jack's list as it clearly comes from the heart ... but it might be a bit tough for "Mommy" to explain to her teacher.

Love you Becca,
Husband

The Ousdahls said...

I absolutely ADORE the name, "Oliver." I remember going to the play house and seeing the play "Oliver," with Mommom. Also, "Walter" is an awesome name...I have ALWAYS loved that name and hope that it gets re-used by someone in our family!!!

I can't wait to hear the final choice. I must say, I hope Srambled Eggs is the next one booted of the list ; )

Love and Excitement for you all,

Melissa

lots to say today!, said...

Oh, Melissa, what's not to like about Scrambled Egg!?!!

It's really hard to decide on a favorite from Grace's list. I guess at this moment in time, I'm crossing my fingers for Row Your Boat! I so adore each and every one of Grace's names...and the time and thought she puts into each one! She will be an adventurous writer in school. I cannot wait to read all of her stories.

And, Jack's list is as sweet as can be! I L-O-V-E the name Mama, and the way Jack says it melts one's heart! That little mouth of his, oooh my!

Poppy was a proud as a peacock to think that his name of Walter (also, his Father's name-Poppy is Walter Jr.) would have been carried on. I do also hope, like Melissa that someone in our family carries it on.

And, Mercie, is just so beautiful. I LOVE the way all three of you girls will have the same middle name! It's historic, unique, and special!

Love to all of our Grandchildren & Rebecca and Bob,
Mom

PS~ I will never-ever let go of Fursack, though, for Poppy & I say it all throughout the day!

PS PS ~ What do you think, Rebecca, isn't it so much easier taking photos of STILL objects? I could never do what you do -- capturing your children, as only you could do behind the lens!

PS PS PS ~ Love Jack's & Grace's sunflower!

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?