Monday, December 28, 2009

Sweet Surprises!

Grace loves her new tabletop easel that she received from Memere and Pepere for Christmas. Grace enjoyed drawing, writing, painting, and using her dry erase and chalkboard throughout the day today. I love easels because writing on a vertical surface really works a child's developing muscles in their arm and wrist that are required for writing. A child's hands and wrists naturally go into the proper position when writing vertically so easels are invaluable! Grace especially loved using her markers today to draw pictures of animals and people and to write letters. What was so very sweet was finding Grace's pictures taped up all around our home. I found a picture of a cat taped to our microwave, a picture of me taped to our kitchen cabinet, a page of letters taped on our front door, and several more pictures taped to the wall in our dining room.

2 comments:

for the love of art and writing, said...

I love that easel. What a perfect gift for Grace. How sweet and kind of Grace to tape up her Gracie originals around your home. Masterpieces!
Now, your home is just like an art galley with changing exhibits!
Love, Maddy

becoming a 'desperate' Mom!, said...

Hi, Rebecca!
I am missing you...no phone and your inbox is so full, I think. It's hard not being in-touch! Please, oh, please, send Grace & Jack on a phone search and maybe while they are looking you can find a moment to make room for an email! Wow, I feel like I am in the "olden days"! We have lots of snow with a Nor'eastern on the way. Maybe Dad and I should venture out now, like Pa and Ma Inglas in the "Little House on the Prairie"!
Stay warm, cozy and happy up there in your little log cabin. Many squeezes to all of you!
Love, Mom

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?