Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Calendar Time

Jack loves everything about calendar time! Jack crawls over to the calendar door several times each day and kneels so he can pull the calendar pictures off of the velcro in order to examine them more closely. Jack has learned so much from calendar time. Jack identifies apples (we are using apples for our calendar numbers) and he loves all of the songs we sing about the days of the week, numbers, months, seasons, weather, etc. Jack also recognizes the American flag that I have placed on the door and it is his job to remove it from the door each morning and give it to Grace so she can say the Pledge of Allegiance. He loves to wave the flag while we sing "You're a Grand Old Flag." Calendar time is a fun way for Jack to learn so many concepts and it is something we all look forward to each morning!

2 comments:

How I Love Jack, said...

Oh, My Gosh,

I really, really want to just reach right out and pick up that baby and squeeze all of the baby-love right out of him!

Jack is so unbelievably cute, cute, cute! I am missing Jack SOOOOOO Much, I can hardly take it!

I really need to be with him very soon. Watch out Jack, I have many, many kisses, squeezes and hugs all stored up....just for you!
Oh, I am so in-love with everything about you, Jack!

Anonymous said...

It is so cute to see Jack in front of the calendar. Jack is following in Grace's footsteps. First she, and now he is fascinated by all the parts of calendar time. This part of the day is a great gathering and learning time. You make it so much fun for them, Rebecca. Cheers to you!

XOXOXO,
Memere

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?