Saturday, July 14, 2007

Fair Food

OK....so we are not too proud to admit that one of our absolute favorite reasons to go to a fair is for the fried, greasy food. It is the one time that Bob & I go all out and splurge a little. While at the fair today, Grace happily dined on her all organic whole wheat O cereal and organic whole grain rice puffs. Meanwhile, Mommy & Daddy dined on non organic onion rings and fried dough that in all likelihood was probably not made from whole wheat flour (just a guess)!I think it's a little early for Grace to know that she should not be down-wind when Mommy and Daddy are eating a piece of fried dough covered in confectioner's sugar! Not a proud moment for Bob & I but from the looks of it Grace certainly didn't mind being delicately sprinkled with the sugar!
P.S. To make up for all of the very, very bad for you fair food that we ate today, Bob & I had grilled chicken and steamed asparagus for dinner. We can only hope that our healthy dinner will somehow magically make up for our earlier transgressions.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

We can't wait for Uncle Adam to see these pictures, Grace. He will have something profound to say, we're sure!

Grace, you look like you were sprinkled with fairy dust in this picture! Oooh sooo cute!

What is a fair, we ask without dining on some fried food?

We Love You, Sugar Plum,
Maddy and Poppy
swak

Anonymous said...

Grace I totaly sympathize and understand the dedication of committing to an all-natural, healthy and organic diet. I feel like one of the most beneficial things I can do for myself is to watch what I eat. Eat good and you will feel good. Sometimes during my lunch break co-workers will tempt me to eat "junk" food samples or treats. I usually decline the offers because a:it will ruin my appetite & b:I will become addicted to snacking. However I have never experienced having powered sugar being blown in my face....Stay strong Gracie girl, stay strong!
Love Uncle Adam
P.S you Mom does a wonderful job at feeding you healthy meals.

Mary Ann said...

LOVE, the comment Uncle Adam!!!
I just knew that you would have something witty and tremendous to say to Grace.
Dear Grace, You'll love Uncle Adam for all of his strong convictions. He'll keep you on the right path for sure!
You are as sweet as pie or as Uncle Adam would say S-Wheat-ie Pie!
h&k~~hugs and kisses,
Your Maddy

Anonymous said...

Grace, just wondering, which do you think tasted better, fried dough or steamed asparagus?
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO,
Memere

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?