Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Getting Ready for Groundhog Day!

Grace, Jack and Eve love Groundhog Day!  Every year they look forward to making their own groundhogs, which they bring outside on Groundhog Day to see if a shadow can be seen.  This year the tradition continues!  Grace, Jack and Eve have been busy paining groundhogs this week.  Grace decided to make a groundhog for all of her classmates at school too.  I'll be sure to post pictures over the weekend of our Groundhog Day.  I'm secretly hoping for an early spring but we have three little ones here who love the snow so we'll have to see!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get so excited when I see the children doing a project. They get so into it! Grace wants to make a groundhog with each of her classmates; so generous and thoughtful. Jack puts such gusto into his painting; you can sense his muscles bulging as he moves that paintbrush around. Eve can't get close enough to her work; she looks as though she is sitting next to her paper. How can you not get lifted up when you see such joy and enthusiasm?

Love you all, XOXOXO,
Memere

Maddy, said...


It's amazing to me how Jack, Eve, and Grace get so excited by the special days this time of year...Martin Luther King Day (by the way, I love how he is looking from the door!) and Groundhog Day! Great, great photos that capture their spirits.

It all looks so sweet and cozy at your house. I cannot wait to see if an early Spring is coming. I so remember when Grace was around Eve's age and she put a Groundhog out in the snow. It's a fond memory I have of this time of year. I remember when Gracie wore that pink tutu, too. Time is going by!

I will be calling Jack, Eve, and Grace on Saturday to see what the next few months will bring! Can't wait!

Love to all everyday and always,
Maddy
xox

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?