Monday, December 24, 2012

Advent: Counting Down the Days Until Christmas

Our very favorite Christmas tradition is counting down the days until Christmas with our advent calendars, books and activities.  Every morning we all gather together around our Christmas tree to read our advent books and to open a little doors or windows on our advent calendars.  This is a tradition that my Mom started with me and it is one that I love passing on to my own children.  Our advent activities are the highlight of our days leading up to Christmas. 

1 comment:

Mom to Rebecca, said...


The children are Christmas angels. Grace ,Jack, and Eve look like living dolls! Loving the photos with the "three" children together...Big Sister, Amazing Grace reading to Handsome Jack and Baby Sweetheart Eve.

I'm so glad that you love and remember all the Advent calendars, Rebecca. I so~cherished all the ones I would send to you during your six years at College. I would be counting down at home until you were on Christmas break and back home again! Wow, that seems just like a year ago. And, now you have three kiddos that you are continuing this tradition with.

What a beautiful family.
Love, Mom

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?