Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Happiness

Here are the three happiest children that I know!  One of the many, many, many things I love so very much about Grace, Jack and Eve is how happy they are with the simplest things in life.  Over the weekend our autumn scavenger hunt led us through the woods and into this wide open field.  Grace, Jack and Eve had the best time playing together here.  They worked together to gather piles of the dried grass to jump in and later pretended to make hay bales.  This type of play could occupy them for hours and hours.  

I know that if my children were given the choice between playing inside with a room full of toys or outside in a wide open field that they would choose to be outside creating their own fun simply by using their imaginations....and this is just one of the many things that I love so, so, so much about them!  







5 comments:

Mom, said...

Oh Rebecca, I L❤VE this post! You and Bob do have the happiest children ever! I always say that they can fill an empty glass right up to the brim with the joy and zest that makes them glow.

It is YOU, my dearest Rebecca that has instilled this love of the simple~things deep within their hearts. You are the Mama that shows them how to love scraps of paper and fabric, acorn tops, broken crayons, butterflies, rocks, a dirt path, wildflowers, sand at the beach, and batter bowls.

May their love of simple and easy and free be part of them forever. Thank You, Rebecca-Mama!

I Love You, Mom

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Food for the soul.

Gratefully,
Memere

an observation!, said...


An update!

It is just unbelievable to us how much our Little Button Girl looks just like our Gracie Girl in photo #7!

Stunningly the same!

Love to the Girls and our Boy!
Maddy & Poppy
xox

Mom to Rebecca, said...


I know-I know that there are too many comments from me but I just need to say again to you, Rebecca, how much I LOVE your mothering heart ❥...so so much.

One of life's greatest joys is watching/hearing/listening to your children LOVE their children. After all, it is the thankful season and I am very thankful for this!

Love and thankfulness and admiration, Mom

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,
I agree with your Mom... You have guided your children towards nature and a love of discovering!
You should be so very proud of your adventurous children. They and you are inspiring!
Love,
Donna

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?