Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Dough

Grace made a homemade batch of pumpkin spice dough for us yesterday. Our home smelled just like pumpkin pie when it was finished cooking. Here is Grace's recipe:

2 cups of flour
1 cup of salt
4 teaspoons cream of tartar
6 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
a dash of nutmeg
2 cups of water
2 tablespoons of oil
red & yellow food coloring

Grace combined the dry ingredients in a saucepan and then added the water and oil. Grace mixed the ingredients together and then helped me cook it over medium heat until the dough formed. Once the pumpkin spice dough cooled Grace, Jack and Eve kneaded it until it was soft. Thank you, Grace!

1 comment:

Maddy to Grace, said...

My Little Pumpkin Grace,

I can almost smell your incredible pumpkin spice dough all the way here. I cannot wait to explore with it during our time at your home at Thanksgiving. You are quite the inventor, cook, and scientist. I'm loving your intense look of determination. That's My Girl!

I Love You more than all the spices in the world,
Maddy

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?