Friday, October 8, 2010

Our Halloween Sensory Bin

We made a Halloween sensory bin today using dried black beans and orange lentils. We added a variety of cups, measuring spoons and containers into the bin so Grace and Jack could scoop, measure, pour and explore!

Grace and Jack loved their Halloween sensory bin. They both had so much fun with it and ended up playing with it for several hours today!

Jack has always loved to pour, especially with water, so he had such a great time pouring the beans and lentils from one container into another. He took his scooping, pouring and measuring very seriously and he really concentrated on such precise pouring!

Grace loved playing with the sensory bin too! She especially enjoyed the black beans. Grace pretended that the beans were magic beans that grew into a tall beanstalk. She reenacted Jack and the Beanstalk for me!

Grace and Jack both took turns sitting in the sensory bin...the perfect way to get the full sensory experience!

1 comment:

thoughts and a surprise!, said...

Oh, oh, oh, I just l-o-v-e this Halloween sensory bin so much....and those two precious little pumpkins playing and learning together with this bin is beyond the moon!

What an idea, Rebecca, I am totally amazed by this! Those colors are perfect with your black beans and orange lentils.

I cannot get enough of that ever-so seriously sweet face of Jack's! And, of course, Grace must have been so into reenacting her play, Jack and the Beanstalk from the Children's Theater!

Just when I think I cannot be surprised by your creative Mommyness, Rebecca, you go ahead and stun me even more!
I Love All of You Celebrators, big & small, up there in Maine So Much,
Maddy
xox

PS~ Now, I have a bit of a surprise for you! I do believe that Uncle Adam and I might be making one of our famous road trips up to see this this week! What do you think?!! Details to come soon. Uncle Adam has a week's vacation!

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?