Saturday, October 30, 2010

New Spaces for Grace & Jack

Here is the side of Grace's room where her bed is located. Grace had one request for her new room -- that there be clouds on her ceiling! We arranged Grace's room to make sure her bed was directly next to a window because one of her favorite things is to look out her window first thing in the morning when she wakes up and it is the last thing she does before she goes to sleep. Grace also loves to read her books on her bed near her window.
Here is Jack's room. It was fun choosing his paint colors. This is something we were not able to do in our old home since we lived in a log cabin. We decided to do an accent wall of navy blue in Jack-a-roo's room. The only thing missing in this room are some airplane decals which we will put on Jack's ceiling above his crib.
One of Grace and Jack's favorite spaces in our home is their third floor playroom. Here is a small section of the room with some of Grace and Jack's favorite things -- musical instruments, play silks and all of Jack's cars and trucks. I love this playroom space. It is a room I have always dreamed of having for Grace, Jack and our new baby girl. More pictures of the playroom to come.
Here is Grace and Jack's very own bathroom. Green is one of my favorite colors and I thought it would be fun to paint their bathroom a bright green color. Once their bathroom was painted Bob called me in and said, "Look, it literally glows." I really like how bright and cheery it is! :) This is the project that has taken me the longest to organize in our new home so far....our books! I wanted to make sure that every room in our house had books in it. I also wanted to arrange the books in all of the rooms and on the shelves according to subject. This project was well worth the extra time. Here is part of our backyard. This was the scene this morning - a rafter of wild turkeys! They spent nearly two hours in our back and side yard today. I'll introduce you to our other animal friends (the cows) soon.

3 comments:

making your house your home, said...

Loving how wonderful the bedrooms look.
What a place to grow up in!

I love-love-love the important roll that books play in your family. I so adored watching you, Rebecca, gathering books for each room and deciding what goes where. Book bins, book shelves, and book baskets galore. You know your children so well!

The vehicle area in the playroom is perfect. Has Jack gone to the desert and climbed the mountain tops!?!
And, those turkeys...you know how much I love them.
Oh, yes, do show the cows soon. They are so cute.
Hope your 1st Sunday in your new home and Halloween at that- is full of treats for all of you.
Love, Maddy
xox

PS--I cannot leave without asking this important question. Do you want more books?

The Ousdahls said...

Just Beautiful!!! You guys have been BUSY!! Rebecca, I hope you are getting some rest ; ) Oh, and I LOVE the Green bathroom color!

Love,

Melissa

Unknown said...

We have that same IKEA shelf in our house (one in the family room and one in our basement playroom) and we have the IKEA car rug! Now if only we had the same house...I'd sure be a happy camper!

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?