Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our Good Morning!

The Leger family is early to rise! Our day typically begins at 5:30 or 6:00. Each morning Grace, Jack, and I read books together for nearly an hour in the rocking chair in our living room. Book time is the favorite part of my day with Grace and Jack. We are all warm and snugly in our pajamas and sharing our favorite books together. This morning, however, Jack decided to sleep in until 6:30! Here is a picture of Jack sleeping (as cute as can be!) on our couch as Grace and I read together. Once Daddy left for work, Jack woke up and the three of us read Audrey Wood & Ezra Jack Keats books together. This is the perfect way to begin each day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! Spending time reading together is the "best of times". I so love the way Grace knows all of the authors of her books. What wonderful times together. Memories and moments to last a lifetime.
Love, Maddy

PS~ I wish we could all sleep like Baby Jack!
PS PS~ Rebecca, you look just like a little girl yourself! When I first looked at your picture, I said right out loud, "Rebecca cannot possibly have two babies of her own!" I think it must be all the love going around in your home!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! Snuggling up and reading a book is one of the best things to do, especially if you have a little one (or two) by your side.
I agree with your Mom, Rebecca. You could pass for their teenage babysitter.
Love to each of you,
Memere

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?