Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day!

I LOVE leap day because it means that I had an extra day to spend with Gracie girl....and it doesn't get any better than that! Grace had her fifteen month wellness visit with her pediatrician today. Grace is now 31.25 inches long (75th percentile) and is 22.6 pounds (50th percentile). Maddy mentioned that Grace will be in kindergarten when the next leap day arrives (oh my!!!). The only sad part of today was that Maddy and Uncle Adam were not here. They left for Vermont yesterday and how we miss them. I can't possibly thank them enough for an unforgettable visit full of fun, fun, fun, and more fun! An extra special thank you to Maddy who spends countless hours researching and finding the perfect learning toys, clothes, shoes, books, and cards for Grace. I can't express in words how very special it is to me to see you with Grace. You are a truly amazing mother to me and a Maddy to Grace. Thank you, Uncle Adam, for your thoughtful and generous gifts. You are such a strong influence in Grace's life and she clearly adores your calm, gentle, and loving ways. The only missing piece this visit was Poppy, who was in our thoughts every minute. We hope everyone enjoyed their leap day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun it must be to play and walk around the cabin in your colorful rainbow socks. I am confident that you could tell what each color is. What a special day Leap Day is. I hope you did a drawing today to commemorate the event. Poppy did a drawing when he was a boy on Leap Day and I think it is very interesting. Good job on the doctor visit and lets welcome March.
Love, Uncle Adam

Anonymous said...

Dearest Grace,
I am missing you so much. Can you believe that we are in the middle of yet another snowstorm? It is March 1st today even though it is STILL snowing. I do think that spring is just around the corner though. I know that you can tell us what every color is on your rainbow socks! It is beyond me how smart that you are. Wait until I go back to school on Monday and tell everyone that you know so many letters and their sounds, numbers, colors and so many signs in sign language! *smiling*
I am so happy also, that I had another day this year to love you so,
Your Maddy XO

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that you know all of your shapes...even a rhombus!! Wait until Donna hears that!
Also, I love you in the pink hat, Grace. A little girl version of Uncle Adam!

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?