Friday, October 26, 2007

'Look, A Pine Tree!'

When Grace and I would go on our daily walks this summer, I pointed out all of the beautiful flowers to her as we passed them. Now that all of the flowers are gone, I have been showing Grace all of the pine trees. I always pick a few pine needles for Grace to hold in her hands as we are walking. Grace now points to EVERY pine tree that she sees and vocalizes quite loudly to express her excitement. I'm amazed how she is able to spot even the tiniest of pine trees. Since we live in the Pine Tree State, there is no such thing as a quick walk anymore because we now stop at every visable pine tree to pick a few needles and take in the distinct fragrance! It's so wonderful how Grace makes us slow down to "smell the pine trees!" Thank you, sweet Grace, for opening my eyes to all of the beauty that surrounds our home.Maddy, thank you for Grace's new shoes. They are absolutely adorable. I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more of them in pictures to come on our blog!

3 comments:

Rebecca Leger said...

My Beautifulest Girls,

You both bring such joy and happiness to my life. Grace's energy and innocence remind us all of what is important. Rebecca's parenting skills amaze me. She is an incredible mother who shows endless patience and who is constantly teaching while making it fun for Grace. You are both angels.

Daddy

Anonymous said...

Dear Grace,
Those shoes were made for walking and I know that's what you'll do, as you explore the "Pine Tree State". Such a beautiful environment, my home before I moved to the "Green Mountain State".
I agree with Daddy, you are the most beautifulest girls, I'd add your wonderful Maddy to the list, must be something in the genes...
Hugs from Vermont,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Dear Grace,
We are very happy that you live down a "country road". With the changing of the seasons there is always something new to learn about.
I DO love those new red shoes! I feel like I might need a pair of red shoes now, too! I hope that they take you places unknown.
LOVE, Your Maddy XO

PS- What a sweet comment from Daddy....I SO AGREE!

PS PS- Thank you, my dear friend Donna!

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?