Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bravo, Bravo!

There is a long wooden board on the side of our lawn that we use during the winter to store wood for our stove. This spot has become Jack and Grace's favorite place outside. Each day this ordinary wooden board magically transforms into a stage that Jack and Grace use to put on elaborate shows and recitals for me. Sometimes they ask that I play Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker music to dance to for a ballet performance. Jack and Grace always get ready "backstage," which is a tree stump to the left of their stage. They proudly walk "onstage" to perform for me. Most of the time Grace makes up a song while she and Jack dance away! Props are usually always involved. These include sticks for wands, pine needles or leaves. Jack and Grace sometimes bring costumes outside from their dress up box too. After every performance I clap loudly and yell, "Bravo, bravo!" Their performances are so very sweet and special to me. I remember my brother Adam and I putting on similar performances when we were younger. I hope Jack and Grace's performances continue for so many years to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very special and amazing it must be to watch those summer performances. I would just love to bring out a cool glass of lemonade, lounging on a lawn chair and cheer on Grace & Jack. How creative and imaginative of them to turn a seemingly ordinary piece of wood into something much more. Bravo indeed!
Love, Uncle Adam

Aunt Melinda said...

How fun that is. They both look so cute. We really do have a lot of performers in our family. Summer time fun is the best. Hope you are feeling well. Take care of yourself.
Love,
Aunt Melinda

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?