Saturday, June 30, 2007

June 30, 2006

This was our Gracie Girl one year ago. I remember everything about that day. I know what I was wearing, what the ultrasound room looked and smelled like, the look on Bob and my parents faces when we found out it was a girl, and even what I ate for lunch that day. It was one of the best days of my life when I found out that our baby was going to be a girl. Prior to having Grace, I had always dreamed of having a girl and I know this is because of my own Mom and the very close and special relationship that we share. If I am half the mother to Grace that my Mom is to me then I will certainly have fulfilled all of my life goals and dreams. Grace has brought indescribable joy and happiness to Bob & my life and we are beyond thankful to have our beautiful Gracie girl.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I do so remember this day, June 30, 2006 also. They say that everyone has about 10 days in their life that are so outstanding that you remember everything about them. This was one of those days for me! Just knowing that Poppy and I were going to be Grandparents was remarkable. But, there was a moment of pure-shock-silence when I found out that Bob & Rebecca's baby was a girl! I just knew deep in my heart that this little girl would make me a better woman. There is something so utterly perfect about your daughter having a daughter. Now, Grace has opened up a world of girly things that I never even knew existed. Grace gives me a glorious sence that all's right with the world. You are my reward "dessert" in life. I know that there are things I haven't even thought about yet....I cannot wait to share them with you, my Sweet Baby Grace.

I am tickled PINK and gasp with delight everyday because of you,
I love you, Maddy

Grace, you have a nurturing family that is giving you the roots and values to grow into an incredible woman. Happy 5 year engagement anniversary to you Bob & Rebecca!!

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?