Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sensory Bean Bin

Over the years I have made many sensory bins for my children. I LOVE them! I think sensory bins are an amazing (and a fun) educational tool. We made this simple bean bin for Halloween a few weeks ago. We filled it with black beans and colored navy beans orange and green. Eve loves sensory play and she has been enjoying exploring and playing in this bean bin. This activity engages a variety of senses in learning and it targets fine motor and language development in such a fun way!

Eve's tiny fingers worked so hard to grasp the beans using her pincer grasp.

Eve loves the way the beans feel on her toes. I always make sure she is barefoot in the bin so she can also feel the texture on her feet as well as her hands.

1 comment:

Maddy to Eve, said...

My Little Bean, Eve,

I love seeing you exploring in the sensory bean box that Mama made. I could reach right into your picture and pick you up and hug you tight! Those little hard working hands of yours are so strong....and those curled up toes are more than sweet. Oh, my!

We cannot wait to spend Thanksgiving with you--we can't even begin to imagine that last Thanksgiving you were not here quite yet! We have loved you forever.

I Love You more than all the beans in the world,
Maddy

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?