Monday, June 7, 2010

What A Wonderful World

We went on a long walk today to find items in nature that match to the colors we painted in this egg carton. We also did this color search several times last summer ~ it was a big hit then but today it was a HUGE hit with Grace and Jack. They both loved this activity so much that our color nature walk turned into a three hour event! Every item placed into the egg carton has a story behind it and so much thought was put into the choice of each color item.

I'm having a difficult time uploading pictures on blogger tonight so I'll post pictures of Grace and Jack on their beautiful color walk tomorrow.

2 comments:

you color my world!, said...

You have no idea how very much I l*o*v*e this activity!
I don't think you can find a better way to spend the day then walking and seeking out the colors of nature. This painted egg carton idea is BRILLIANT!
I would love to hear the stories behind each color--knowing Grace and Jack, as I do, I can only imagine.
By the way, I adore the title of this post, Rebecca! It is a wonderful world, isn't it...in so, so many ways!
Love, Maddy

Anonymous said...

This should be a huge poster!
It is gorgeous!

A huge admirer,
Memere

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?