Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Studying Flowers

We went on a nature walk this morning to gather wildflowers. Once we arrived home Grace placed the flowers into a cup of water. I gave Grace a magnifying glass and a pair of tweezers so she could closely study and examine the flowers. Grace carefully dissected the wildflowers and we talked about the different parts and their functions. Grace loved this activity so much that she continued to gather flowers all afternoon to bring them back to her "work area" in order to continue studying them.

Closely examining a daisy

Removing petals using tweezers

1 comment:

full of proudness and hope, said...

The peace and promise that these pictures bring to my heart and soul are tremendous. I am full sadness and worry about our Gulf Coast ... I think about this world of ours and what we are leaving for our Grandchildren. Then I see Grace delighting, studying, contemplating, and loving nature so very much that my spirit fills with hope! For, it will be people as Grace that will make a difference to this Earth.

And, it all begins with a little girl in rural Maine, picking wildflowers on summer dirt road and realizing how true and pure and fragile and beautiful life is.
I Love You, Grace,
Maddy

Got Gracie, Jack & Eve?